Maybe being quarantined for the last couple of weeks has gotten the best of me. I actually did a craft project! I don't know if you remember, but I swore off all crafts several months ago. Well, this is what happened: I had some beading supplies in the house and they were calling my name when I needed a diversion from the chickenpox and migraine blues. And here I am at midnight on a Saturday night blogging about it. I may have issues.
I found a pretty good and easy way to make some cute beaded watch bands. My sister Abby made me a bunch for Christmas a couple of years ago that I absolutely love. They are the double strand, chunky, cute ones like this:
I've seen some cute, single strand, beaded bands lately. I thought making those might be more my speed as I am a bit craft challenged. So, this is what I did:
Supplies: elastic beading cord
lobster clasps
beads with holes big enough to fit two strands through.
finger nail polish
I looped the cord through the lobster clasp like this:
(blow these pics up if you are interested)
Then, I strung the beads over both pieces of cord.
After all the beads were on, I strung another lobster clasp over one of the strands and tied it off with the other strand in a double knot. Many beading sites suggest using a surgeons knot but I have not yet taken the time to learn how to do that as I am what you would call lazy. I placed a dot of clear finger nail polish on my knot to secure it, then sort of stuffed the knot into the last bead to hide it.
These are some of my finished projects:
You can purchase the watch faces online for around $4-$6, but I also found some at Craft Warehouse for about $4.50. The beads range in price anywhere from $1.00 per strand on up to $20.00 depending on what sort of beads you want to use. As you could have guessed, I chose the bargain beads and most of mine were around $1.00-$2.00 per strand of about 16" of beads.
Spoiler alert! If you normally receive a Christmas gift from me and you are a girl, you may just be getting these for Christmas this year. Hope you like them! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment