Yesterday, however, really was awful and I must share.
We took Lizette in to the doctor and found out she has what they think is chicken pox. Even though she has been vaccinated. I guess there are rare cases when it still breaks through. Lucky us! So far, Lexi is fine which is a blessing. She was vaccinated in April so hopefully hers will work and she won't get it too.
After Lizette's appointment both of the girls had pretty much had it. It was late in the day so I figured I would get them home and settled and then go get Lizette's meds after Jeff got home from work. In the mean time I had to call a bunch of parents and the preschool to let them know that Lizette may have contaminated other kids.
In the mean time, I had a migraine all day. In between the appointment with the doctor and taking care of the girls, I was crying and a total basket case for most of the day. The girls thought it was fascinating to watch me cry so much. Glad they were entertained!
I decided I better get into the doctor. So when Jeff got home I went to the Primary Health on the way to Wal Mart and prayed they would give me a good prescription. Since headaches are something you usually have to go through a lot more questioning and testing for, a doc in the box isn't exactly the first choice for getting the problem solved. Luckily the doctor was way nice. He gave me a couple of samples of the good, expensive migraine stuff that I used to take. Then made me an appointment with a regular doctor to see next week. Whew! One problem solved. My headache seemed to be gone in an instant after taking the medication.
Then I head to Wal Mart to get Lizette's medication. They said it would be about an hour which wasn't a surprise. So I shopped around for an hour, went back and it still wasn't ready. Went back 15 minutes later and still not ready. The girl at the counter said they would page me in about another 15 minutes. After about 25 minutes I get paged to the pharmacy. "We are so sorry but we don't have this in stock."
At this point I was completely deflated. My head felt better but I was numb from the day. I said nothing. I just asked for my prescriptions back and left the store.
Good-bye Wal Mart. This is the last straw for me. I will not be back...EVER!
I called Jeff to share the news. When he found out I had not complained at the store, he called them and talked to the manager. He's much better at these confrontations than I am.
I went to Walgreen's, got Lizette's prescriptions filled in like a half hour and came home.
Well as I said today is a new day! We are not going to let a little bout of chicken pox, a bad experience at Wal Mart and a migraine stop us from being happy. Lizette is already starting to feel a little better. My migraine is gone. Lexi is in a relatively good mood. So life is good today!
My next post will be about something fun, I promise!
Oh Jackie, I feel your pain. I did do a laugh out loud with your pharmacy story only because I have had the same experience with Walmart. So I no longer go to Walmart, I can't stand Walgreen's prices, we get all our prescriptions filled at Pauls-no hassles, good prices, and very friendly.
ReplyDelete