Monday, September 19, 2011

Bammit!

Well, Lizette has picked up her first swear word. Sort of. Thankfully, she heard a slightly different version of the word.

Last night she was trying to move a chair and struggling with it a bit. In the process of her struggle, she says "Bammit!"

Jeff and I both turn around. What did you say?

"Bammit."and she just smiles as if she knows she may have said something wrong.

My mind instantly rewinds at 1000 mph. When did she hear me say that? Funny how I instantly jump to the conclusion that it was me she heard it from. I guess I know myself too well. The occasional little swearing slip is something that I've really been working on, but to hear my child repeat something not so great that they may have heard from me is a little bit humbling. Sort of funny, but humbling.

So I explain to her that she may have heard mommy say a word kind of like that but it's not a very nice word and we shouldn't say it. Mommy was wrong to ever say that and maybe just said it when I was frustrated or something. I don't know how long I went on explaining this all to her.

Then later in the evening I tell her it's time for bed and under her breath she says, "Bam".

Swearing is a hard habit to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment