Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Complaining...

I probably should not be writing anything today given my state of mind. I just felt like I needed to do this so that someday my posterity would know what it was like for me when I had a migraine. Maybe they will have them too and this will help them in some way.

The pain is so bad. Nothing is helping. I've tried so many doses of Excedrin and ibuprofen that I have no idea what is in my system right now. I've tried sleeping, ice packs, banging my head against the wall  It just won't go away.

I've dealt with migraines for years now. It's so hard to describe how the pain feels.  It's like a very bad headache that makes your whole body feel sick. I can't concentrate. I can't function. I sometimes have several in a month. During a really bad one I shut down and don't do anything on those days. The girls play while I lay there and pray that the pain will stop. It's everything I can do to just take care of them and it makes me feel horrible that they have to deal with it too.

They seem to come on really strong during my monthly cycle. There are prescription options for me, all of which are ridiculously expensive. Every time we look at those options, I am usually not having a headache and I tell myself that I can deal with it. Treat it with over the counter stuff and move on. I just can't handle the thought of spending that much money for a problem that doesn't seem that huge.

Until I have one like this. It's so bad. Jeff is talking me into going to the doctor now.

And on top of it today, Lizette has broken out all over with some sort of rash. I'm taking her in today to find out what is going on. Hopefully it's nothing serious or contagious. It makes me cry to look at her poor little body covered with spots.

Woe is me! I know. I know I sound pitiful. I'm sorry to complain. Sort of. I guess I just had to complain to somebody so I'll complain on my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jackie, I work for a dentist and we share an office with another dentist. They just started this new therapy program for migraines. A gal that I am friends with started the program and had migraines everyday and had to take expensive meds. She now has 90% less headaches and no meds. Do you clench or grind your teeth? I don't know all the logisitics of this treatment but I could find out for ya.

    GEnny

    ReplyDelete