Friday, May 20, 2011

The Playroom

I recently rearranged some rooms in our house. I decided to move the girls into the same bedroom and make the other room into a playroom. As far as decorating and organizing this room, I was sort of starting with a clean slate. The room is painted a sky blue color and I knew if I wanted to make it girly it needed some touches.

I put my Cricut cutter to work cutting some vinyl decorations for the walls. Polka dots, flowers and some meaningful words and phrases.  I had purchased some Closetmaid cubbies a while back which work great for storing toys. All of the small toys are organized in labeled bins. I love it! Everything has a place.  My favorite part of the room is the craft/desk area. So far it is a huge hit with all of our visitors. They can sit up to it and color, paint, play with play-doh or do whatever other craft projects they like. It's great!

All in all, I think it's cute!  It wouldn't win any design awards or anything, but I think it's a fun space.

For my birthday my oh-so-talented photographer friend, Shandy, called and offered to shoot my playroom for me! She knew that I had recently re-done it and that I was pretty excited about it. Normally, upon getting an offer like this I would say something like "Oh you don't have to do that." Not this time! I jumped at the chance to have Shandy photograph this room. What a HUGE treat!

Without further adieu, I present to you "The Playroom". Designed by yours truly and photographed by Shandy Vogt of Shandy Vogt Photography.







Sometimes you get photos back and say that the pictures don't do it justice. In this case, the pictures make this room look so much better! I love them! I love all the close ups. As always, Shandy made magic happen. Thank you Shandy! What a sweet memory for my girls and I to have.

5 comments:

  1. I am always so inspired EVERY time I come to your house! I wanted others to be able to inspired too!! :) I'm glad you like your birthday gift! Thanks for all you do for me and my family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are wonderful, Shandy is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Jackie you are a great decorator. You both need to come to my house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding, that is awesome! Can I come and color? ")

    ReplyDelete