Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Dream Come True



When I was about five years old I decided that Donny Osmond was going to be my husband. At that time the original Donny and Marie show was on the air and I loved to watch it and dance. I remember putting on my pink, frilly dress and twirling. I was a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. I wanted to be just like Marie and marry Donny. Didn't every girl? Part of the reason my fascination with them began at a young age was because I lived in a house with teenagers who liked them. However, I don't know if their love ran as deep as mine. I was truly smitten.

Well, as you may have heard on Facebook, a dream of mine came true last week. Donny and Marie came to the garden section at our local Wal Mart to sign their latest CD. And yes, you are not mistaken. I did say the garden section at Wal Mart.

I was so excited when I heard they were going to be there. But then I saw a sign that said NO PICTURES PLEASE and I was so disappointed. In fact, I almost didn't go! But I decided pictures or not, I had to go and meet them.

I loaded up the girls Friday morning and we got there about an hour before the signing was to begin. We were positioned in a perfect spot in line so that when they arrived we could snap a few pictures. And yes, pictures were allowed! I guess just not individually posed with them. When they walked in my heart jumped! I was surprised at how star struck I was. (I think I need to get out more, but that's a whole other post.)

I snapped a ton of pictures but very few turned out. I was actually so nervous that I was shaking the entire time!

Well, when the time came to actually have them sign my CD, I sort of froze. I could barely look at Donny. I just kept looking at Marie and all I could say was "You guys are just beautiful." Really? Marie asked me what my name was and told me it was nice to meet me. Then Donny gave Lexi a little wave and that was it. My chance to talk to them, and maybe even have a little laugh together or whatever was over! I felt like the kid in "A Christmas Story" when he froze when Santa asked him what he wanted. I wanted to run back and say "I think you are both just fantastic and I have admired you for a long, long time. Marie, you look just beautiful. And Donny, you are just so, so great." That's what I would have said had I not been in the dumbfounded state that I was.

Oh well.

Here are the pictures.

My girls were troopers in line. We waited for an hour and a half. Lizette kept asking when "Dandy and Marie" were going to be here.

Lizette and I posing in front of the solar garden lights. :) You can't tell from the picture, but I took extra time to do my hair that day and I wore eye shadow. A very rare occurrence.

Just after they entered the building. Marie is way skinnier looking in person.

Just before I met them and went into a state of shock.

Leaving the garden section. It was over. See that girl with the long red hair? She looks like she's having a nice little exchange with them. How could I have blown my one chance?!! Darn it all!

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' Marie's shoes!!! SWEET! I have to say that reading your post reminded me of the same exact nerves when i've met a couple of "celebrities"....Why do we do that? But what a fun experience!!

    ReplyDelete