Thursday, May 19, 2011

38!



I am 38 today!

I have to say, birthdays are a little bit of a love/hate thing. Don't you agree?

I love hearing from dear friends and family on this day. It reminds me once again that I have so many wonderful people in my life that love me.

The down side is each birthday seems to come faster and faster and I'm realizing that life is too short! I wish I could slow things down once in a while or even rewind and re-live some of my favorite memories.

So far, I don't feel too bad that I'm not still 20. I didn't enjoy my 20's much, so I really don't want to go back there. I've loved my 30's though. So loved them. I got married to my dream man when I was 30. I've had both of my children in my 30's. I dare say I've even gotten a little bit wiser in my 30's. I will be sad to leave my 30's in a couple of years, but right now I'm pretty excited to see what the 40's will bring too.

Lizette and I took some pictures of me today.

This one that Lizette took cracks me up because I'm thinking this is the view of me that the girls see all the time. I probably look so far away to them.

This is what my 38 year old foot looks like. Thanks to my smokin' flower anklet, I look just a bit more stylish. I do need a pedicure though. Those heels are looking pretty rough. Maybe I'll take better care of them in my 40's? Something to shoot for. I do like my shoes though.

1 comment:

  1. HAVE THE HAPPIEST DAY EVER!!!! I just love you and am so glad you are part of the family! You truly are the best thing that happened to Jeff...and a great sister for me! I have been blessed with three very special sister-in-laws. Thank you for being one. I just think the world of you, can you tell :)

    ReplyDelete