Monday, May 2, 2011

Restaurant Review #2 - Guido's


For our second restaurant adventure, Jeff and I tried Guido's in downtown Boise. It is located at 235 North 5th Street just down from the Flying M Coffee House.

Guido's serves up New York style pizza along with a small assortment of salads, stromboli and sausage rolls. The menu is simple but offers most anything you would want from a pizza joint. The atmosphere is very relaxed. Definitely nothing fancy and not somewhere to go for a 'nice' dinner.

Okay, on to the food. It was great! The crust was cooked just how I like it. Thin and slightly chewy. A couple of bites tasted a little burnt, but I think that's just a matter of taste as thin crust pizza often times has a slight charcoal taste to it. Jeff ordered straight up pepperoni and I ordered a version of their white pizza with sausage, tomato and spinach. The sausage was not the best I've ever had, but the rest of the pizza was fantastic.

Prices per slice range anywhere from $1.80 to $2.05. You can order a large cheese and basil pizza for $12.50. Not bad!

If I were to give Guido's a rating, I would give it a B+. They would have gotten an A if my sausage would have been better. I would recommend this as a great place to grab a quick and inexpensive bite if your in the downtown area.

No comments:

Post a Comment