Thursday, May 26, 2011

Preschool Graduation...Part One



Lizette and Lexi both have those October birthdays that cause them to just miss the cut off for starting kindergarten when they are closer to five than six.  They will always be the older ones in their school classes.  But for the last two years, Lizette got to be the youngest one in the class.  We were lucky enough to get her into a preschool co-op last year even though she was a little shy of the age cut-off.  They let her in because they needed more kids and we were hopeful the age thing wouldn't be too much of a factor.  It wasn't and things turned out great.

I've posted before about how much we have loved the co-op we were in.  Both the moms and kids have been great to work with and Lizette has gotten so much out of it.   I think we were pretty lucky.

Today was preschool graduation/party day.  The kids decorated graduation caps, played alphabet bingo and ate some yummy treats.  We had a short ceremony and handed out diplomas.  Preschool is officially done...for the year.

All of them will start into kindergarten next year except for Lizette.  :(  She will get to go to yet another year of preschool!  She should be well prepared for kindergarten.  So, next year I will probably be posting preschool graduation pictures, part two.  I guess you could say she is going for her Masters' in preschool sciences or something.

I'm proud of my little girl.  She has done great these past two years.  She knows all of her letters, numbers, colors, shapes and she is learning to read.  Congratulations Lizette!

1 comment: