Don't you just love a freshly vacuumed carpet? The vacuum lines are so pretty. Even if your house isn't all that clean, you can pick up a little and vacuum and it looks great.
I remember when I was in junior high and high school and it was just me and my mom. I would get home from school before she got home from work. I was the typical teenage couch potato, watching TV and eating whatever I could find. But, every day at 4:45 I would jump up from the couch, pick up the main living areas and often vacuum real quick. She was as happy as could be, and it only took me like 10 minutes.
I learned early on about the importance of vacuum lines.
I've always known that vacuum lines can be a little deceiving as to the cleanliness of your house, but I was strongly reminded of this fact this weekend as we steam cleaned our carpets. Gross! I knew they were bad, but I couldn't believe the dark gray (I won't say black) water that came out of that thing!
And people often compliment me on the cleanliness of my house. It's all a front! It's the vacuum lines they see.
It is nice to know that our carpets are clean now. Lizette and I even made snow angels in the newly cleaned carpet.
I completely agree Jackie. My mom taught me that little secret growing up. I still use it to this day. Your house always looks amazing. You're doing a great job!
ReplyDeleteYou were a really good teenager! I remember one time when I was a teen (or maybe a preteen) and my parents asked me to vacuum. I really DIDN'T want to so while they were gone I took out the vacuum and made vacuum lines. . . .only the vacuum wasen't even on :) My parents fell for it, but later I was thinking about it and it would have been just as easy to turn it on :)
ReplyDelete