Monday, February 15, 2010

Lexi Rose


Lexi. Lexi Rose as I like to call her.

I think most of my blog posts about Lexi have consisted of my complaints about her crying, not sleeping, etc. I feel bad about that. I've even joked with Jeff after some of the long days of her spitting up and crying so much that maybe we should just find a nice basket and leave her on someone's doorstep and RUN. Totally joking. I just need a little comic relief to survive some of these days lately.

While it has been quite an adjustment and a bit of a rough time, it has also been a very happy time that I wouldn't trade for anything. Lexi is a complete sweetheart. A little demanding, but very much a sweetheart. She can be screaming at the top of her lungs and as soon as I pick her up she gives me the biggest grin. I think that might prove that she is really not colicky at all. She just wants attention. Hmmm...they say it's not possible to spoil an infant, but I'm not sure about that. :)

She loves the morning time and I love this time of day with her. She always wakes up happy in the morning. She'll just coo and jabber for a long time until it's time for her to eat. This seems so crazy to me since most of the rest of the day is pretty rough for her. I guess a good nights sleep does every one good.

She has had a cold on and off for about 10 days now which has really thrown off her napping schedule. Just when I think she is over it, she seems to get congested again. I feel so bad for babies when they have colds. It must be so miserable to not be able to blow your nose.

I can already see traits in Lexi that are very unique to her. From just a few weeks old she has been very observant and alert. She watches things closely and seems to be making assessments of things. It's fun to watch her. She loves to play with these two particular toys we have for her. I'll hand her one and she focuses in on it so intently and grabs and grabs until she has a good hold on it enough to shake it around or throw it. When she succeeds she seems to feel so satisfied with herself.

She is very verbal as you may have gathered from previous posts. :) Not just in the sense that she cries all the time though. She really likes to make noise whether it's crying or just jabbering. And she is so loud! (I don't know where my girls get it. I'm probably the second quietest person in the world and my girls have some serious lungs. I guess they must take after their father!) When she gets ultra tired, she'll just start yelling until I can settle her down. It's not even really a cry. It's just a loud and constant yelling fit she has until she finally gives up and goes to sleep. It can be pretty comical to watch.

Lexi is a big girl. She currently weighs 15 pounds and she is tall too! I saved all of Lizette's clothes and she is already outpacing Lizette. Especially in the length. She's fitting into the things Lizette wore in the Summer when she was a baby. Guess I'll be making a trip to Kid to Kid to get some fill in pants and stuff. I love it. I love big, chubby babies! (She'll be mad at me someday for writing that.)

I won't deny that this infant stage is tough for both of us. I feel bad for her that she has had such a big issue with reflux or whatever it is that causes her to spit up so much. That can't be fun. I would cry a lot too if I couldn't get comfortable. I hope and pray that gets better for her soon.

All in all, I think that going through this rough stage has created quite a special bond between us. We're in this thing together. Some days are good, some days are bad just like everything else. I guess going through the bad will help us both to appreciate the good a little more. I'm learning a lot about myself and probably building character which isn't such a bad thing.

I love my Lexi Rose. She is beautiful in every way.

1 comment:

  1. She is a sweet little lady! I don't see the tough times like you do, she always seems sweet to me. She is beautiful too. I hope things do get easier for you. The newborn stage is fun but hard work and can really be frusterating sometimes!

    I like your new background! I might have to change mine someday too. I updated my blog if you haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete