Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Olympic Moment

Did you see the Canadian figure skater skate last night who's mom died of a heart attack upon arriving at the Olympics last week? So sad and inspiring all at once. I cried when I watched...for the second time.

Last week I was watching ice dancing pairs skating. The Canadian team went out and I heard one of the announcers start talking about how her mother had died of a heart attack just a couple of days ago in a Vancouver hospital. I was floored. I could not believe that she was out there skating and holding it together so well. I watched every performance and rooted for this Canadian team with everything I had. I thought about her when I wasn't watching the Olympics, wondering how she was doing. And then they won gold. I cried watching the medal ceremony. I was so happy for her.

And then I found out that it wasn't her mom who had passed away.

So now I must cry all over again for the right person.

And I will. I thought her performance was beautiful last night and her mom must be so proud of her. I can't even imagine being able to hold it together like that.

There are so many inspiring people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment