Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lizette's First Sleepover

Last night Lizette had her very first sleepover! Her cousin Katelyn came over and spent the night. Lizette has been so excited for this event all week and when Katelyn got here they had a blast. I had forgotten how cute the sound of two little girls giggling nonstop is. It made me smile all night.

Katelyn is about a year older than Lizette. Lizette really looks up to her and I think Katelyn likes being able to teach Lizette new things. Lizette followed Katelyn around and copied pretty much everything she said and did. With that pattern beginning, I'm glad Lizette and Lexi have so many great older cousins to look up to!

When we went to say our prayers last night Katelyn was so cute about it. I had told Lizette to get in bed and we would say our prayers. Katelyn said, "I think we should teach her how to kneel down to say prayers...come on Lizette, let's pray on our knees." Then she said, "Maybe since I'm the guest, I should say the prayer." She proceeded to say the sweetest prayer. So cute.

Two princesses!


Tea Party


I was proud of myself for the ingenious idea to cut the grilled cheese sandwiches with a heart cookie cutter. :)


Frosting their valentine cookies.


Two cute fairies. Check out how Lizette is holding Katelyn's pinky. Cute!


They zonked out about 9:30. Lizette usually goes to bed at 7:00, so this was a treat!

4 comments:

  1. how adorable!!!!
    looks like they had a blast :)
    and how fun to have a close cousin to grow up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pic with Lizette holding Katelyn's pinkie...she looks just like JEFF! That is soooo Jeff when he was little.

    so fun! I kinda miss sleepovers. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey loved looking at these pictures, especially the tea party. She asked all these questions about what Lizette was doing, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the cutest post ever! Those girls looks like they had the time of their lives. Lizette is so cute!

    ReplyDelete