Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Primary Program

Once a year, our church has the children in the primary sing and basically do all of the speaking for our entire sacrament meeting. Each child who wants to participate gets a part to say and in between speaking parts, the children sing the songs they have learned in primary over the last year. I think for most churches, Christmas and Easter brings out a bigger crowd. That is somewhat true for ours, but the largest crowd without fail turns out for the primary program. Parents and grandparents are beaming and watching every little move their child makes. The kids are always so cute and it's a lot of fun to see.

This year was Lizette's first chance to have a part in the program. Her part was "Following His plan will bring me happiness." We practiced this for weeks before along with practicing the songs. She was well prepared but I was nervous for her because I knew it would be pretty scary to get up in front of that big crowd and say her part all by herself. I would be scared!

She nailed it!

She got up there, spoke right into the microphone and said her part, word for word,without any help. Of course, I was so proud of her, but more than anything I was so thrilled for her! That was a major thing my shy little thing did. She was so proud and happy that she did it all by herself. What a confidence boost for her.

Way to go Lizette!

No comments:

Post a Comment