Lizette turned five today and we celebrated in style! First, we picked up Aunt Abby at the airport. The girls love visits from Aunt Abby and Lizette was so excited to see her! Next, we went on the much anticipated preschool field trip to Linder Farms where we were able to go on a hayride, pick our own pumpkins and walk through a petting zoo. The field trip was cut a bit short for us because we had to hurry off to the girls' yearly check up with our sweet Doctor Lanuza. Both girls checked out great and are right on track. Lizette was such a big girl and helped Lexi through the entire process.
Lizette is still on the low end of the height and weight scale, coming in at a whopping 30-1/2 pounds and 39-1/2" tall. The doctor thinks she will probably always be petite because she has tracked this way from birth.
Now, more about Lizette! She is such a little sweetie. So patient and cooperative and easy to be around. She works very hard and I know that she will be a great student. Besides being attentive, she is smart! She picks up on things quickly and has mastered counting to 100, she is learning basic math skills, she is doing great with her reading and she is excellent with her fine motor skills with things like cutting.
Having said all that, Lizette's passion lies primarily in the arts. She loves to dance, color, draw, and do pretty much anything creative. She has a huge imagination and loves to play make believe. She has become quite good at directing everyone to play their appropriate roles in her stories. I am so happy that she has taken to all of these things and am excited to see her develop her many talents in the years to come!
Lizette is a wonderful daughter and great big sister! We are so blessed to have her in our family.
Enjoying her time at Linder Farms. (I think she was enjoying it a little more than Lexi!)
The birthday cookie. Lexi is thinking, "Hmmm, this looks familiar..."
The progression of opening the first gift, Hello Kitty Squinkies. I do not get why any parent in their right mind would buy these for their children. So of course, I did!
Hello Kitty socks too! This is the best birthday ever!
And then there were the Twinkle Toes. Lizette does not need to know, nor would she care, that I purchased these used at Kid to Kid for a mere $11.99 instead of paying $40 for them in the store. And they are like brand new!
My favorite part of Lizette's birthday celebration today is that after opening each gift, she would say "How did they know I love _____." When she opened Great Grandma Hill's birthday card, she said "How did she know that I LOVE flowers!" When she opened Grandma and Grandpa Rigby's card, she said "How did they know that I LOVE animals!" She was so thrilled with everything and it was very cute to watch.
Happy Birthday Lizette!
We LOVE you!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIZETTE!!! We sure do love you!!
ReplyDelete