Since then, I have experimented with a few home recipes to try to duplicate it. I think the best I have found is in the Better Homes and Gardens' New Cook Book. I leave out the rum and doing the whole flame thing. Here is my version if you're interested in trying it out:
4 medium ripe bananas
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
Vanilla ice cream
Cut the bananas in half crosswise and lengthwise. (I like to cut mine into smaller pieces as shown below.) Melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar. Add the bananas and cook for 3-4 minutes until cooked through. Pour over ice cream. I think this recipe is meant to serve 4 people, but Jeff and I usually end up eating the whole thing between the two of us.
Wa la! A very simple and fun dessert. (Lots of calories, but very good!)
I am going to have to try that!
ReplyDelete