Sunday, April 25, 2010

My Funny Man

Jeff is probably the funniest person I have ever known. Some of my favorite moments with him are when he isn't trying to be funny, but says or does something that is hilarious. For example, look at this picture:

I think I posted this picture in a recent post, but wanted to comment more on it. Jeff is here about to change Lexi's poopy diaper. He's not trying to be funny or overly dramatic by wrapping an entire blanket around his head. He sincerely cannot stand the smell or sight of a poopy diaper to the degree that he feels he needs a full on shield around his head. This isn't just a one time thing or for a picture. This is what he does every time he changes a bad diaper. To him this is a very practical solution to what he sees as a BIG problem.

Another example:

Yesterday, Jeff had breakfast at McDonald's. He described what he ordered to me last night. He had the Big Breakfast which includes an order of pancakes, sausage, eggs and a biscuit. After describing it to me and telling me that he ate the whole thing, he said "It also comes with orange juice, but I think the orange juice made me sick."

I said, "Really? You ate like three pancakes with butter and syrup, sausage, eggs and a biscuit and you think it was the orange juice that made you sick?"

We both laughed until we cried. In the end, he sincerely felt it was the orange juice that made him sick because he's had the same breakfast before with water and felt just fine. Oh my goodness...where does he come up with this stuff? :)

3 comments:

  1. We can't stop laughing!!! That's my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I am slowly trying to work on TJ. Diapers have never been his thing, but he has helped me out some (I always made him change all of Ethan's diapers :), but he has informed me that if this one is a girl he is NOT changing her diaper. A boys is fine, but he refuses a girl....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff is such a funny guy! I love the blanket around the face.. . . classic dad picture!

    ReplyDelete