Tuesday, April 27, 2010

We Love Teriyaki


After experimenting and tweaking with a teriyaki recipe I found online, I have come up with something that we all like! Jeff loves good teriyaki chicken, but until now I've never been able to make it. This is so easy so I thought I would pass it on to any of you who might want to give it a try.

In a blender mix the following:

3-1/2 oz. soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ginger

Pour over frozen chicken breasts and bake in a 250 degree oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours. (I cook mine until the temp gets up to about 155-160, then take it out and cover with tin foil until ready to eat.) Garnish with sesame seeds (or not) and serve with rice.

Next time I make it I want to thaw the chicken first, cut up and marinate it for a while before cooking. I think that would be even more flavorful.

Keep in mind that I have tweaked this to suit us. If you think you might like it sweeter, add a little more sugar. Or less if you like it more savory. Plus, for a larger family, you may want to double or triple this recipe. This makes enough sauce for two large chicken breasts with plenty to spare to pour over rice.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment: