Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Poor, poor, pitiful me...

Migraines are about the only big health issue I've ever had. I should be grateful for that, I know. But today I am really feeling sorry for myself.

I'm going on day 6 of what I guess can be described as a cluster migraine. Basically a migraine that won't go away permanently. Excedrin helps to keep the symptoms under control so that I can function through the day, but the pain and nausea are still there. Without the Excedrin, I would probably just cry all day.

Don't I sound pitiful?

I know. It's really not very cool to feel sorry for myself so openly here on my blog. I'm sorry to be such a downer and I'm sorry to complain when there are worse problems in the world. I'm just so sad that I'm sick.

I can't imagine what it must be like to have an illness where you feel sick all the time. It makes me cry to think about that. Every time I get a migraine and then start feeling better it's the best feeling in the world. To finally be free of pain is so great. I can only imagine what it must be like for those who aren't so lucky. I'm so, so sorry. Migraines only give me a small glimpse of what it must be like to be truly sick.

A wise woman once told me "If you have your health, you have everything." (That was my mom who said that.) On these days, I think of her and all she went through with cancer. She must have wanted to feel better so badly. I can see why she told me that. It's easy to take our bodies for granted because most of the time they just work and let us do what we want to do. When we lose some of those abilities to function normally, we appreciate having our health so much more.

Okay, I will end this post now. I'm sure this was a downer to read and I'm so sorry. I'll be much chipper next time I post, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. This was not a downer post at all! This was a gratitude post. It made me more thankful for my good health that I do take for granted. . . .your mother sounds like a very wise woman. I hope you are feeling better. That always happened to me when I was pregnant but I am free of it now (I am so thankful for that).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are having problems again...I was hoping the constant cluster of migraines was gone. I have to say that I have also been feeling grateful for health lately. Thank you for your post! :)

    ReplyDelete