Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Birthday Weekend

With Lizette and Lexi's birthdays one day apart, we celebrated them together this year. Saturday morning we got up and went to Linder Farms for a morning of Fall fun. It was great! If you live locally and have never been, you should check it out. They have a great set up and I think the prices are pretty reasonable. Jeff's parents were in town so they came with us, as well as Thayne and Angel and kids. Fun, fun day!

The huge red barn where they sell the scrumptious mini-donuts and apple cider. My favorite part of Linder Farms.

Fun corn box for the kids to play in.

Taking a ride with Grandpa Rigby.

Lizette and Dad finding their way through the mini maze. The other kids figured out that you can just jump over the hay bales to get out too. :)

Enjoying the hayride. This is the face Lexi makes ALL THE TIME. It is so funny.

She's trying to restrain herself from scrunching up her nose here.

Lizette surprises us sometimes. For being such a timid little thing, there are certain things that she is not scared of at all. Ponies are one. She loved the pony ride.

She also loved the petting zoo. Although I had to do most of the feeding of the animals....eeuuw. Goat slobber on my hands. Thankfully they had hand sanitizer. :)

A very serious goat.

The barrel train. Very fun!



And finally, the birthday cake and presents....

My attempt at decorating homemade cakes. Lizette's is supposed to have a princess on it. Sad, I know. I always think that I'm Martha Stewart, only to be disappointed over and over. :)

Little miss Lexi wanted nothing to do with her cake. I was shocked. This is the girl who eats everything. And when I place a whole plateful of sugary goodness in front of her, she just turns her head. So, no fun pictures of her diving into her cake and getting it everywhere. Oh well!


Doesn't Lizette look thrilled? :) She actually was. She loves Princess and the Frog and got a Princess Tiana doll for her birthday. She's been playing with it ever since.


Well, I'm thinking that as the years go by, having our girls with birthdays one day apart could become complicated. Making sure they both have their special day and everything. While they are young, I'm thinking the Linder Farm idea is great.

By the way, I think this is interesting. My mom's birthday is October 19. I so wanted one of my girls to be born on her birthday when I found out I would be due in October. However, if you add their birthdays together, you get 19. Cool, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I can't beleive in just the one season that we missed from LInder Farms how much they have grown. I love Linder Farms. You're girls are so adorable and I am excited to see your new family pics. I got a preview from your friend that took them on facebook. So funny!

    ReplyDelete