Isn't it nice when a total stranger goes out of their way to be helpful or nice to you?
I love those Liberty Mutual commercials where they show a whole series of people 'paying it forward' with kind acts that end up making a nice difference in someone's day.
When someone holds the door for me, or entertains my girls while I'm paying for my groceries, or picks up one of the many toys we seem to be so good at dropping while we are out, it totally makes my day.
Tonight I had the opportunity to 'pay it forward' in a small way. An older lady and I were unloading our groceries into our cars at the same time. I offered to take her cart back and she was so appreciative. Not a big deal and something that most people would do, but I have to admit, I don't always take those small opportunities to help people.
The other night I was behind a mom in line at Wal-Mart. It was very late and her little boy (maybe 2) was really fussy. She was holding him and unloading her cart at the same time. I was standing there in a total daze because it was so late and I was at Wal-Mart. Not even thinking...I totally should have unloaded her cart for her! It's bothered me since and I swore to myself that I am not going to pass up those chances to help others.
After my nice grocery cart experience tonight I went to Costco. Lexi was holding my wallet for some entertainment as we were about to leave the store. I didn't realize that she dropped it. The nicest man got my attention and very nicely pointed out the wallet. That was a life saver! I had just pulled out cash and that would have been very bad to lose my wallet. I hope someone does something nice for him so he can have his Liberty Mutual moment too.
No comments:
Post a Comment