Friday, September 10, 2010

Coincidence?

Okay, I think this was sort of funny and so I thought I would share.

I'm constantly having conversations with myself. Aren't we all? My conversations are normally filled with the things I'm stressing over or need to get done. That usually leads to some sort of conversation about how I feel inadequate about this or that. I'm pretty hard on myself about most everything, which is something I'm trying to work on. So, I've been trying to recognize the talents I have and be proud of them.

Well, this morning as I was putting on my make-up, I was really giving myself lots of compliments. My house was clean. I got all the grocery shopping done with money to spare. I've been especially proud of some of my coupon purchases lately. And the canning to boot! I was thinking "Wow. I'm getting all of these domestic responsibilities down pretty well. " Then I looked in my make-up drawer and began admiring the supply of foundation and powder I bought a while back for a killer deal.

As I was shaking my foundation bottle, I thought to myself "Yep, you are pretty awesome. Not everyone is able to get their favorite make-up for only fifty cents a bottle." At that exact moment, my foundation flew out of my hand, landed in the sink and completely shattered. My precious foundation was now all over my freshly cleaned sink.

Coincidence? Maybe. Probably. But funny timing, don't you think?

One of the first things that came to mind was "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away." If He had anything to do with this make-up incident, I think He has a pretty funny sense of humor.

Maybe I needed to be reminded that there are more important things to be concerned with than the great deals I got on make-up.

I still think that was a pretty awesome deal on that make-up though.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally laughing right now! I am sorry that happened but I am glad that you have a sense of humor about it.
    Oh and by the way, I think you ARE awesome! I admire you in SO many ways.

    ReplyDelete