Monday, September 20, 2010

I guess I'm not so cool after all...

A few days ago I decided to install a hit counter on my blog. I thought it would be fun to find out how many people are reading about us. When you install the counter, you can choose whether you want it to count total hits or just new visitors. I chose new visitors in case some people might hit my blog more than once in a while.

Well, as the weekend progressed I was shocked to see the number going up way higher than I anticipated. After counting up my sisters, sister-in-laws, mother-in-law, and friends, I had expected maybe a dozen visitors to our blog. At last count it was 68!

Being the humble person that I am, I thought "Wow! People must really like reading about us!" I told Jeff that I couldn't believe we had so many fans.

And then this morning my entire dream of winning blog awards and becoming famous vanished in an instant. Jeff informed me that every time he hit the refresh button on his iPad, my hit counter would go up. We tested it out and each time he opened up my blog on his iPad, the same thing happened. I'm guessing that's the case with other readers as well.

The funny thing is, I was feeling so full of myself for having 68 readers when other personal blogs similar to ours get hundreds and thousands of visitors.

Oh well.

I'm still going to pretend I have fans.

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I get like 4 hits a day on mine JUST FROM ME! Hehe! The number goes up really fast when you close out and go back in, close out and go back in...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie, you can go in and change your settings to not count the hits coming from your ip address. That way when you are Jeff refresh your open your blog those hits won't count. Hope that helps. You are cool and I do enjoy reading your blog. You keep up with yours way better than I keep up with mine. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete