Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And So It Begins...

For the last couple of months, Jeff and I have been working really hard together at eating better and losing weight. I've been wanting to get in better shape, have more energy and fit comfortably again into my pre-pregnancy clothes. Jeff also wanted to fit into his pre-pregnancy clothes. Pre-Lizette pregnancy to be exact.

The good news is...we've both done great! He has lost almost 20 pounds total in the last year (12 pounds of it in the last couple of months). I have lost almost 10 pounds in the past two months, and have been walking consistently and I feel great.

The bad news is...we are entering Halloween season! How am I supposed to practice any self control with so much candy readily available to me?

I've made it a practice for the past few years to try to buy a bag of candy every week or two in the couple of months leading up to Halloween. We live in a huge subdivision with tons of trick-or-treaters and we could easily spend over $100 on Halloween candy. So, I try to space it out a little to make it easier on the budget. I typically store the candy away in the pantry and don't open the bags until Halloween.

This year DISASTER has struck. I opened a bag of Butterfingers so that I could give a few away in a thank you gift. I may as well have started myself an IV of chocolate right then because I cannot stay away from those things. Here is the latest victim:



I even put them in a plastic grocery sack and tied it up really tight so that I would not be able to get into them as easily. That didn't work out so well.

The next afternoon I was like a crazed maniac as I snuck into the pantry and fought with the bag until finally I got it open and was able to get my fix. Here is the plastic bag. You may not be able to tell from the picture, but it's not tied so tight any more. I've been into it several times.



Darn you Butterfingers! You are totally going to ruin my diet. All of my hard work thrown away because you taste so delicious. Mmmmm.....

I think I better go. I think I hear, um, Lexi crying or something. What? You think I'm actually going to go eat another Butterfinger right now?

You're right!

I think I might need help.

No comments:

Post a Comment