Lizette has been sick all week with an awful cold and cough that came on last Sunday night. It progressively got worse through the week. She pretty much cried on and off all day on Tuesday and Wednesday. She was so miserable. I've never seen her so sick before. She never just wants to sit and be held, but this week that's about all she wanted. She and I slept together in the recliner for a couple of nights because that seemed to help her not cough so much. Thank goodness for comfy chairs! She watched more TV than ever. At least that got her mind off of it some of the time.
The doctor checked her lungs, ears and throat on Wednesday and it didn't appear to be anything more than the regular virus that is going around. She started to take a slight turn for the better yesterday. Her fever broke and cough started to let up a bit. Whew!
I feel terrible because she got the worst sore under her nose from wiping it so much. I didn't realize how bad it was getting until she got up yesterday. It almost looked blistered! Polysporin seems to be helping that. The poor girl.
Thankfully, Lexi hasn't picked up any of this yet. It will truly be a miracle if she doesn't. We've tried to keep everything as sanitized as possible and have hand sanitizer in every nook and cranny of our house.
It's funny though. I've tried to teach Lizette to always cough and sneeze into her arm. She's really good at remembering to do that, except that she usually misses her arm by about six inches. She holds her arm up and coughs right over the top of it. Oh well...we try!
No comments:
Post a Comment