Friday, March 5, 2010

Lexi's 4 Month Check Up


Lexi had her 4 month check up a few weeks late because I completely spaced our appointment on her actual 4 month birthday. Ugh! I really am a space cadet these days.

Anyway, her 4 month and almost 3 week check up went great. She weighs 15 pounds 4 oz. (75th percentile). She is 25-3/4 inches long (80th percentile). And her head circumference is 44-1/2 cm. (Off the charts!)

The nurse actually measured her head twice to make sure she got it right. Then she left the tape measure in the exam room just in case the doctor wanted to measure again. It was so funny! It didn't really phase me much. I mean, my maiden name is Widman for goodness sake. We have big heads in our family. Big head...big brain, right?! :)

She handled her shots like a pro, screaming the entire time.

Just as I was telling the doctor how much better her spitting up issue had gotten, she spit up all over me. All the while, Lizette sat miserably with her cold waiting for us to finish. It was pretty much everything all of us could do to get through the appointment. But, we made it!

Lizette got a sucker on the way out. Lexi calmed right down from her shots and fell asleep on the way home. And I came home and changed into clean clothes. All better.

The important thing is Lexi is doing great and tracking right where she needs to be with everything. She's a healthy girl, which is about the hugest blessing any parent could ask for. And we love her to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment