Okay, I think I can do this. The first few days have been BRUTAL! I've cried. I've sworn. I've wanted to run out the door. But, we are surviving!
Lexi still cries, but she is learning to settle herself down some. I've put her down a few times now when she's been already very tired or even asleep and she has stayed asleep for her entire nap time. I probably cheated on the Babywise theory a bit by waiting until she was asleep, but I still think that is major progress. It used to be that she would either wake up immediately or a half hour into her nap. It's still a little hit and miss, but I really think it's getting better. We are getting very close to being on a consistent schedule. Yippee!!
This is just one more thing that reminds me that some things in life sound like they shouldn't be so bad, but they can be really tough. I need to remember this next time someone is sharing a trial with me.
Signing off for now. Just wanted to write out my update because it is nice to write some positive news about this topic!
P.S. I think I should get a present for going through this.
Remember before you guys had kids and everyone's kids were so loud..... :) I only try to be funny like that because I know that in some way, shape, or form we all go through these draining, frustrating, times. The great thing is that the good times are soooooooo rewarding. It somehow makes the sleepless nights and the days when you want to pull your hair out all worth it...don't ya think?! :) I can't wait to meet Alexis!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear things are improving for you!
ReplyDeleteHang in there Jackie! I am going on 5 years now of not sleeping through the night. I am hopeful that by the time they move out I can once again sleep through the night! :o) LOL! You are doing awesome - stick to it! And yes I totally agree with you, you should get a present for going through this!!!
ReplyDelete