Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trip to Vegas

Last Saturday, Lizette and I took off on a road trip to Vegas. We were so excited to go because my niece Andrea just had her first baby. Kelsie Ann Workman. (Look at this adorable picture of the two of them just after she was born. How sweet!)


Our first stop was in Layton, Utah where we stayed with my sister Abby. The three of us took off the next morning for Vegas. Because Abby travels so much for work, she often gets great deals on hotel rooms. Well, we definitely took advantage of that this week! We stayed at the JW Marriott resort and they put us in a 2 bedroom villa that was huge! The hotel was beautiful. We spent some time at the pool and really enjoyed the lovely room. Thanks Abby! Here are some pictures of us at the hotel:




The highlight of the trip was being able to meet little Kelsie for the first time. She is so tiny...just a little bug! Lizette loved getting to hold her and help take care of her. (Here is Kelsie pictured with her aunt Lori below.) Of course, it was great to see the rest of the family too. Lizette loved playing with her cousin Aaron who is almost 6. They ran around, screamed a lot, and had a great time.




Lori, Brian and Aaron all joined us for a swim at the hotel. Andrea isn't pictured here because little Kelsie is a little young to be taking out for a swim just yet!


I love it when Lizette gets a chance to be around her aunts, uncles and cousins. Since my side of the family all lives so far apart, it's not often that we can get together. But she is already making great memories and I'm so glad. She got a little confused about having an aunt Karrie and uncle Cary. I guess that can be confusing for everyone at first! Here she is relaxing with them after a swim:


We were planning to start back home on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning, but poor Lizette picked up a bad cold so I decided to leave first thing Wednesday morning. Of course, I did what any insane person would do, and drove straight through in one day. With stopping several times for breaks and to visit with some friends, it took us about 15 hours to get from Vegas to Boise. It was great to get her home though. There is definitely no place like home when you don't feel good!

Things I was reminded of on this trip:
I love my family so much.
My sister works entirely too hard.
I have an amazing daughter.
I miss Jeff more and more when we are apart.
I really enjoy all you can eat buffets.

1 comment:

  1. you are such a great woman! and you and your sisters/family seem to have so much fun together :)
    yeah.. I was a little jealous of that big ol' fancy tub Lizette was in! now THAT looked fun. Sorry to hear that she got sick :(

    and the newest baby arrival is too adorable :)

    ReplyDelete