Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mini Me


Lately I've been noticing that Lizette is WAY too much like her mother! :)

I remember being extremely shy when I was younger and I can see that Lizette is very similar. The problem is, being shy can be a huge bummer. I don't want her to miss out on the same things I missed because of being shy. I don't want her to be afraid to stick up for herself. I don't want her to miss out on making friends. I want her to have all the best that life has to offer. The thing is, I can completely relate to her personality and I understand why she doesn't want to talk to other people or play with other kids. I've been there and sometimes still feel the same way! What to do??!! At home she is so funny, sweet, and talkative. She has so much fun playing and interacting with Jeff and I. I just wish she could have that much fun with other people and especially other little kids. I think the only thing I can do is to provide opportunities for her to interact with others. I'm sure that over time she will get more comfortable.

...I think anyone who has been around me very much knows that I am a little obsessive compulsive! I have to have a clean house. The laundry has to be done. I iron all of our clothes. I organize everything. The pillows on the couch have to be straight or I can't walk out the door. I drive myself crazy and I can only imagine how Jeff and Lizette must feel sometimes! :) I've noticed that Lizette is showing signs of being a little obsessive too. OH NO!! She organizes her food and toys by color or shape. She typically cannot move on to her next activity until she has completely picked up and put away her last activity. When she is playing with her toys, she has to have things just so.

My little sweetheart...just know that after a lot of time and therapy, things will get better. :)

1 comment:

  1. Jackie, you are too funny. I only wish my life were as organized as yours. If I had it my way my house would be perfectly organzied ALL the time. But with 3 kids and a job and everything else I just can't seem to get it done. Someday.

    ReplyDelete