Monday, August 11, 2014

Life Turned Upside Down...In a Good Way

My blogging habits are obviously not what they used to be. This may be the longest dry run I've ever had. However, this time I can say there is a major life event to blame. :)

In early March, I sat down one night and felt completely exhausted. I turned to Jeff and told him how tired I felt. He made a face as if to say "uh-oh". The thought immediately came to me that this feeling was very familiar. How could I have not seen this? I took a couple of pregnancy tests from the dollar store. Sure enough, they were positive! Just to be sure, I went to Fred Meyer and bought a more expensive pregnancy test.  :) (I'm not the only one who's ever done that, am I?) It was positive too! When I told Jeff, his face just went white and he was in a state of shock for a bit. Not in a bad way. He was happy, but very shocked. We both were. 

The thing is, here we had tried for so long with both of our girls to get pregnant. Having to take Clomid (fertility meds) with both of them. A while back, Jeff had suggested that I go off of "the pill" because we were both convinced they were causing my migraines. I said "What if I get pregnant?" His response was, "If you get pregnant, it will be a miracle and must be meant to be given our past history." I agreed and decided to go off the pill and take my chances. Thinking there would be no way I would get pregnant. Given the timing of my due date, I think we conceived within about a week of going off the pill! Guess this was meant to be!

So, for the last several months, I've been in a bit of a daze. Wondering how I'm going to do this. Preparing. Sitting on the couch in shock. Looking in the mirror, thinking that I'm beginning to show my age at 41, then looking down at my baby bump and remembering that I'm going to have a baby at 41! It's a lot to take in. I've wondered if I can handle this. Do I have the energy? The patience? Can I be a good mother to these three blessings we've been given? Of course more than anything I am excited! As overwhelming and a little scary as it is, I am thrilled. I know the Lord will bless me with what I need to be the mother I need to be. I will never be perfect...my family can tell you that. :) But I will do the best I can.

So, here we go with another blog catch up! I think I'll do it in individual posts so it's easier to read. There is so much, after all, to write about...end of school stuff, summer happenings, baby details, home schooling, trips, family news...my goodness! This could take me days and days. I will do my best. Why did I let this happen?! Oh yes, I already addressed that. I've been in a pregnancy daze. :)

Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment