When we are not taking little road trips here and there, our typical summer days consist of either going to the pool, catching one of the dollar movies at Edwards, having a play date or just playing around home. Pretty simple life here. We have been trying to fit in some reading too, but it seems to be only when it conveniently fits into our play schedule. :) I'm not very disciplined about keeping the girls on a strict summer reading program and all that. I try, but for the most part we play. Or I should say they play!
Of course summer is a great time to get out and get active. I have to admit that the heat keeps me from wanting to be outside much. I can already see my ankles swelling up with this pregnancy! I have mustered up the courage to get outside a bit though. :) The girls tried out tennis for the first time this summer and Lizette loved it. It may be another year or two before Lexi gets the hang of it. Lizette was convinced that tennis is her sport though. That made me happy as I played in high school. I love tennis! I'm sure she will change her mind a few times before she finally settles on a sport that she wants to focus on. Lexi loves to try just about anything so it will be fun to see what she ends up enjoying the most too. They both want to take gymnastics this Fall. It will be fun to watch how that goes for them.
Here are a few pics of our summer days...
I think swimming may be their favorite summer activity. Probably is for most kids!
| With Lizette's BFF Callie Sue at her birthday party this summer. |
| Lexi pooped on one of our many road trips. |
No comments:
Post a Comment