Field Trip Fun!
Lexi had some fun field trips in January and February. Her preschool always does great field trips! In addition we are part of a little mom's group who gets together once a month and does a field trip or some sort of get together so we are never short on preschool fun. This time we hit the Discovery Center, the Fire Station and two super fun Valentine's Parties...one at her preschool and one with our mom's group.
Lizzy and The Bee...
This was a big deal. We found out there was going to be a spelling bee where you didn't just write down the words, but you had to get up in front of the class and spell the words OUT LOUD. "Out loud mom," she said. "You have to say the word and then spell it and then say the word again and then sit down. That's the rules!" She was so worried. Not about not being able to spell. Of course about having to get up in front of the class and spell. Let alone on stage in front of parents and judges if she happened to make it to the big Bee. Well, she did make it to the big Bee. She was one of the top three spellers in her class and she made it to the school spelling bee. Oh boy. So we practiced and practiced. We watched "Akeelah and the Bee". She watched the Arthur spelling bee movie in her class.
She did not want to do it. She was in tears about having to go on stage in front of all those people. I was in tears for her. But I knew this would be so good for her. I asked her, "Would you rather go up there and spell, or would you rather go up there and sing?" "Spell," she said. "Well then, let's do this."
So she did. The day of the big Bee came and she did it. And here she is:
She made it through all the rounds to the second grade words and got out on animals. I was so proud of her! She was poised, confident and carried herself very well. So glad she had this experience!
Another lost tooth!
| Lizette has an agreement with the Tooth Fairy to keep her teeth. :-) |
I Can Sew!
I have never been brave enough to sew anything beyond pillows and curtains. The thought of sewing a zipper has freaked me out. But for some reason, the bug hit me and I wanted to at least attempt it. I've seen some cute skirts and thought "Maybe I could?" The thought of following a pattern makes my head want to explode and talking to people who know how to sew is actually really intimidating to me. They start talking about zipper foots and facing and I'm totally lost. But these days there are so many online tutorials and You Tube videos that even a novice like me can get out there with some confidence and go for it. So I found a tutorial on Pinterest for this cute skirt and tried it out. The material wasn't the best choice...a little Minnie Mouseish, but I can always use it for a Halloween costume, right? And it was great practice for my first one. I can pick a cute chevron print the next time or something. I'm excited to try it again or maybe a cute maxi skirt!
Valentine's Party...
We had our mom's group and a couple of neighbors over for a Valentine's party on Thursday and had a Valentine exchange. The kids had fun and were so cute to watch!
Lizette's School Valentine Party...
And that's all she wrote!
For now...
No comments:
Post a Comment