Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Baby Boy

We are thrilled to be adding one more to our family. As I mentioned in my earlier post, it came as quite a shock to be pregnant but it was a very welcomed surprise. In May we found out that our little surprise is a boy! We were all so excited! The girls really wanted a brother. That actually surprised me. I thought they would wish for another little sister to dress up and play with, but they both really wanted a brother.

I can tell you that this pregnancy has felt different than with the girls. For one, this little guy is a kicker! He is constantly moving. I remember when the girls would move or kick, it seemed to be more of an event. With him, it's all the time! Makes me a little nervous! Also, I feel like I'm carrying him slightly higher. I feel like my belly is rounder or something this time too. All I know is I cannot wait to meet him and hold him.

Since finding out we are having a boy, it's been fun to begin preparations! I've started to decorate his room. Here is a sneak peek. :) I'm not quite done, so I'm only showing you one piece of it. Not that the end result will be all that exciting, but I still want it to be all complete before I post pics!





We've also been gathering all the baby gear that we can. Oh goodness! So much seems to be required to care for a baby. You gotta have a crib and car seat of course, but then there are the Boppy pillows and the Bumbos and this and that and the other thing! Thankfully, I have had some great friends that have been giving me their baby gear. And I have also found some fantastic yard sale and thrift store finds. With all of that, we have not had to mortgage our house to gear up for this little guy! Here are a couple of my favorite finds:

$30.00 at a garage sale!

and $15.00 at a garage sale
I've also found a front carrier, Boppy pillow, diaper pail and changing table pad at garage sales. Friends have given me a stroller, Bumbo, car seat, swing, johnny jump up, exersaucer, baby bathtubs, play mat, bottles, food, and TONS of clothes! It's been so great. I've heard people say that it's just not as much fun to shop for little boy clothes. I totally disagree. I think they are so cute! I can't wait to dress my little guy. 

We have decided to name him Luke. This is not a family name or anything. We didn't really name him after anyone we know. It obviously has biblical references, which we like. But we just like the name Luke. The only other Luke I know is the Luke I used to work with. There is Luke Skywalker. Luke Duke. Of course, Luke from the Bible. It seems like most Luke's are pretty good guys. I like that it's a name that fits when he is young and older as well. It's short. Not trendy. Traditional. Yep, Luke it is.

And here are a couple of ultrasound pics of him:

This was the first ultrasound in April. Couldn't believe they got such a nice profile so early on! 
Here he is at 19 weeks when we found out it was a "he"!
Here I am at 30 weeks. Had Lizette take a "belly shot" for me. This was about the best we could get. :) 


I was telling the girls the other day that I've had different cravings with all of them. With Lizette it was bacon. Lexi it was homemade vanilla pudding. With Luke it has been Milk Duds. Hey, I've never claimed to be a healthy pregnant lady. :) I was worried that I wouldn't pass the glucose test because of all the Milk Duds. Dr. Hodges said that was actually probably a good thing because my pancreas was used to processing some sugar. Ha! :) I passed it alright. Guess my pancreas must be in great working order. Those people who eat Kale and such...they think they know so much. It's Milk Duds that will keep you healthy, people! I knew it. And I always knew I liked Dr. Hodges. :) 

Only 10 weeks to go! Maybe less if he comes early like the other two. We are so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment