Just some quick tidbits...
Lately Lexi calls me Mama and says it in the funniest way. No matter what she is asking for, she always ends by very sweetly saying "Mama". "Cheese please, Mama?", "Go play, Mama?", "My turn, Mama?", "Love you, Mama!" The way she says it always melts my heart.
I've discovered the power of counting to three with my kids. If either of them are doing something they shouldn't be, or not doing what I've asked them to do, I start counting to three. Usually by two they scramble and do what I've asked. I don't remember when I began doing this or exactly how they figured out that there would be consequences if I got to three, but it works! Usually I don't have a particular plan in mind of what I'm going to do when I get to three, but I guess my acting skills are pretty good because they think I have a plan.
They love jumping on the trundle mattress together and I caught a couple of pics of them playing on it today. I love listening to them play. Lizette is always in charge and has the plan for what they are going to play. Lizette has been on a Rock and Roll kick so they are playing that today. She is giving Lexi Rock and Roll lessons. I hear lots of singing.
And have you seen White Collar? Thayne and Angel recommended it to us and we're addicted now! It's on Netflix so we can watch several episodes in an evening if we want. The thing is, we watch it so much that it has sort of become a reality for me. I'm always thinking about agent Burke and Neil Caffrey. I think it's a well written show. It's suspenseful, but also funny. Thanks for the tip Thayne and Angel!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment