Monday, February 13, 2012

A little organization

I've been brainstorming a bunch of organization projects lately because I am still really wanting to someday become a professional organizer. I want to put a bunch of things to the test, try things out and have a good working knowledge of how some of the organizing products out there can actually benefit a home. We have a large home and I would say it is pretty well organized, but I feel that if I am going to be a professional, I need to take it to the next level. 

I talked Jeff into building some pull out shelves for our bottom kitchen cabinets. He did a fantastic job and so far I love them. It is way more convenient to get things out from the back of the cabinets and I think it makes the kitchen way more functional. 

He did a good job, don't you think?



Then, like almost every other person in the online world, I have been on Pinterest gathering a ton of ideas. I feel much the same as my friend Becky about Pinterest. Who has time to do all this stuff?! And there is no way that everything can be that perfect about every facet of our homes and lives! But there are some good ideas and this is one of them: Lazy Susans for the fridge!


I put one in our fridge this weekend and now I want to buy another one. I hate it when there is stuff in the back of the fridge that you have to move stuff to get to and then it ends up going bad because you forgot it was there. I think this is a brilliant idea and so far, Jeff and I are liking it a lot. I think if I were to change anything, I would have gotten a bigger one to take up the whole shelf. I think the next one I buy will be bigger and I'll see how that works. I'll let you know...

Dear Pinterest: Yes, you do drive me insane with all of your perfectness that I will never attain, but I do like the ability to gather so many ideas from one place. I forgive you for making me feel so ordinary compared to the rest of the Pinterest world. I know your intentions are good. And I do like that Lazy Susan idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment