So yesterday I told her that if she was really serious about rock and roll, she needed to hear the King of Rock and Roll sing. She was so excited to hear that rock and roll actually had a king. It was so funny. I turned on Elvis and we jammed for much of the afternoon. Every time a slower song would come on, she would say "Mom this is more of a ballet song, and I can't dance to this." Then she would wait for the next rock song and dance all around the house. She tried to teach Lexi some moves too.
She now wants her room decorated in a rock and roll theme. She has it down to a guitar shaped pillow and everything. I told her we would have to wait until she earns enough chore money to pay for all of that. By then, I'm thinking she will have moved on to the next stage.
She has decided that only certain friends will qualify to be in her rock and roll group. She said they will have to like rock and roll as much as she does. I wonder if this means that our garage is going to turn into an air band studio. :)
Wouldn't that be great if Lexi decided she was "a little bit country"...you could start the new Donny and Marie!! Such a cute story. Love those girls.
ReplyDelete