Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sort of an eventful weekend...

This was a pretty eventful weekend, by my standards anyway.

First, I got my hair cut way shorter!
Nice picture, huh? Lisa did a great job, but I don't think I was quite prepared for the shock I felt afterward. It is soooo short! That's what I asked for, but you know how sometimes you do these things and afterward go "what was I thinking?!" I had one of those moments yesterday. Well, the shortness is growing on me. I think that it's going to be a fun haircut and way, way easier to deal with. My hair is ultra thick and not very manageable so short will be good.

By the way, doesn't my smile in this picture remind you of that Jell-O commercial where they paste those huge, fake grins on people? Sort of scary! Note to self: no more self portraits.  

Lizette and I had a fun outing together on Saturday. She went with me to get my haircut. We shopped for shoes for her. We did some more shopping for the house. It was a fun girls outing! She is such a good little girl and so fun to hang out with. She makes me smile every day with the new little things she says.  She's been on an "actually" kick lately. "Actually, mom, I don't think I want any milk right now."  Her other new saying is "You might want to think about".  "Mom, you might want to think about changing Lexi."  "Mom, you might want to think about taking out the garbage."  It cracks me up.

The other sort of eventful thing we did which was not really planned, was to decorate our bonus room. It's been "done" as far as painting and furniture now for a long time. I've never done any more to it because I really didn't know where to start. We received some really fun old sheet music from Jeff's Grandma Hill a while back that we had framed and hung in that room. The colors on the covers were mainly blue and orange. I thought it would be fun to pick up on that and go with some more blue and orange in there since we are part of the Bronco Nation and all. But we're not die hard enough fans to have BSU posters hanging everywhere or anything like that.

I was at Target on Saturday and they had some lovely pillows and throws on sale in their clearance section. (Yes, another sale! ) They were the perfect color blue and I just got inspired. So, I walked around the corner and there was a perfect orange side table. I finished up with bean bags, storage tubs and a few accessories from Wal-Mart and voila! It went from a pretty much all brown, drab room that we hardly ever spent time in, to feeling cozy, fun and inviting.  I love accessories!  :)  





2 comments:

  1. Did you buy a new table too? Or is that your old one. I have been having fun at Hobby Lobby buying things to decorate the house with. They always have 50% off all their decor so its fun fun fun. And that's a HUGE statement coming from me(you know) cuz I'm not a decorator. Love your upstairs!! LOVE YOUR HOUSE!!!

    PS....someone called me today to do "organizing"...I told them that my sis-in-law was helping me...hehe. You totally need to get certified!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new do! You are one cute lady!!

    ReplyDelete