Thursday, June 23, 2011

Shopping Addict or Savvy Bargain Shopper?

Let me just preface this post by saying this: Yes, I know I have shopping issues. I love a bargain and I get sucked in to sales and "deals" all the time! I rationalize spending on things we don't absolutely need by telling myself it is such a good bargain.  When it comes right down to it, I think I just love to shop.  

I think this is one of my qualities that Jeff loves the most. :) Actually, he is very nice about it.  We sort of have an understanding.  I spend $30 here and $20 there on things like soap or clothes or little decorations for the house, and he spends his money less frequently on things like iPads or software. 

I honestly don't know exactly why I love to bargain shop so much.  Since we are a single income family, maybe it's my way of getting a little spending fix in. Or maybe it's because I was raised by a mother who loved a good sale.  She loved to shop. Love may not be a strong enough word!  :)  The woman was a blast to shop with.  So, what can I say? I come by it naturally.  

Speaking of bargains, here is what I purchased at Bath and Body Works yesterday for $34. 26 items for $34. 


Twice a year they have their semi-annual "Hello, Yellow! Sale".  It's a good one. They have many things marked down to 75% off and they also have coupons online for $10 off if you spend $40 or more.
I look forward to this sale every year because it's a great time to stock up on whatever you like at Bath and Body Works.

I personally load up on soap because I love having great smelling soap in all of our bathrooms and kitchen. To me it's a little bit of a luxury. Sure, I could get it cheaper at Wal-Mart or wherever, but it's fun to have soap that smells like Coconut Lime or Sweet Pea or Crisp Linens or Mango Margarita.

So if you are interested, I think this sale runs through either this weekend or next weekend. My receipt printed another coupon for $10 off $30 too.  So if I need a gift or two in the next while, I can hang on to that and use it to treat someone else.

Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment