In fact, the more I thought about it, I determined that just like Oprah, I too have a 'Favorite Things' list. Do you have a list of favorite things?
So this list isn't going to include anything like raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens. These are strictly things that you can buy. So, without further adieu, here it is!
#1 Dearfoam Slippers
#2 the IPod Touch
#3 Tan Trench Coat
Well, I believe that there are shopping guardian angels who help us find those killer deals when we really need to find them. My angel, which I like to think is my mom (yes, I know that I am crazy), helped me out big time last week. I was at Old Navy shopping their clearance sales for kids clothes. I figured I would glance at the women's stuff too. And there it was. My tan trench. On clearance. It almost makes me tear up just thinking about that moment. I turned around and someone had left it hanging so that it was facing out rather than hanging normally on the rack. It looked as if it was just waiting there for me. And it was EXACTLY what I wanted! On sale too! For $23.39! You might think I'm crazy for the whole shopping guardian angel theory, but after hearing this story it kind of makes you wonder, huh?
#4 Gray Handbag
I bought Jeff a Hot Chocolate maker for Christmas and it rocks! We love our hot chocolate and this makes it perfectly smooth and frothy. Then to add to that, I have recently been turned on to using a bit of flavored coffee creamer in hot chocolate to add even more flavor. Not low in calories but very, very good! My favorite flavor is Hazelnut and I also love Creme Brulee. I bought about 6 flavors over the holidays because I was able to get them for like $.50 on coupon deals. It was like we had our own little Starbucks in operation!
#7 Stainless Steel Water Bottle
#8 Cafe Rio Pork Barbacoa
Have you been to Cafe Rio? I think it is soooo good. Their Pork Barbacoa is so good and sweet. Very delicious. You can get it in a burrito or salad or just about anything. We are going there tomorrow night for dinner and I can't wait!
#9 Heavenly Perfume
I have been wearing Victoria Secret's 'Heavenly' perfume for about 10 years or so now and I love it. I think it is the perfect, light but very nice scent. Jeff buys it for me about every other year for Christmas. It's about $60 or so for the gift set, but it lasts 2 years and I think it is so worth it.
#10 Goo Goo Clusters!
Pretty much every year for Christmas, my brother Paul and his family send us a box of Goo Goo Clusters. They are made in Tennessee which is where Paul lives. We look forward to it every year because these things are GREAT! So bad for you, but great. There's the marshmallow goo and then the caramel goo combined with nuts and coated with milk chocolate. So delicious. After we get our package, I eat one every day. Needless to say, any New Year's resolutions I have to eat healthier don't start until the Goo Goo Clusters are gone. So worth it though!
Well, that pretty much sums up my list. What's on your list?
Have you been to Cafe Rio? I think it is soooo good. Their Pork Barbacoa is so good and sweet. Very delicious. You can get it in a burrito or salad or just about anything. We are going there tomorrow night for dinner and I can't wait!#9 Heavenly Perfume
I have been wearing Victoria Secret's 'Heavenly' perfume for about 10 years or so now and I love it. I think it is the perfect, light but very nice scent. Jeff buys it for me about every other year for Christmas. It's about $60 or so for the gift set, but it lasts 2 years and I think it is so worth it.#10 Goo Goo Clusters!
Pretty much every year for Christmas, my brother Paul and his family send us a box of Goo Goo Clusters. They are made in Tennessee which is where Paul lives. We look forward to it every year because these things are GREAT! So bad for you, but great. There's the marshmallow goo and then the caramel goo combined with nuts and coated with milk chocolate. So delicious. After we get our package, I eat one every day. Needless to say, any New Year's resolutions I have to eat healthier don't start until the Goo Goo Clusters are gone. So worth it though! Well, that pretty much sums up my list. What's on your list?
This was SO fun to read! You make me want to run out and buy these things. I've never been to cafe rio so I really want to give that one a try and I've seen goo goo clusters but I've never eaten one. Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoyed it
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed reading your list. Thanks for including the goo-goo clusters. I think we need to branch out more but the big box of goo-goos always cry out to us when we are Christmas shopping.
ReplyDeleteI have been going through a phase of getting organized. I had to replace my Lands End briefcase/bag that I have had for 22 years. Lands End has reduced the quality of their product so I went on a search for the perfect replacement. Cara gave me a really good bag from LL Bean for Christmas but it was too small for all the work and church stuff I am carrying these days. I replaced it with this. It is my new favorite thing. It has changed my life in the sense that when I reach in I can actually find stuff.
http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/messenger/messenger-laptop/blogger2.0