So, I feel sort of like I've been on summer vacation and I am going to just talk a mile a minute to get caught up on everything that has been going on. Hmmm...I do tend to babble on here. Maybe I will categorize some things in nice, tidy bullet points so that this will be easier to read.
- Lizette. She is doing great. Next Tuesday, she will begin her first gymnastics class and we are both so excited! She loves to try out new stunts and I am so glad to get her into a class where she can actually learn some things and gain some confidence. If she likes it, I definitely think we will keep her in it for a while. She is still in her little preschool co-op and loves it. She has so much fun with her friends there and comes home so excited each time. I have been teaching her how to read using a book called "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" which was recommended to me by my sister-in-laws. It is a great resource and she is actually learning to read! I had tried to start this earlier when she was 3-1/2...big mistake! She wasn't ready and we were both getting frustrated with the whole thing. This time around is much different. She is ready and we are both having a lot of fun with it. I have to say that this is one of those things I probably would not have thought to do prior to her turning 5 or going to kindergarten. It's nice to have a "circle of moms" to clue me in on some of these things!
- Lexi. She is such a cuddle bug these days and I love it. Yesterday, she had a yelling fit and sort of got in my face and started yelling at me. I just looked at her in the most disappointed look I could muster. She paused for a moment and then climbed up on me and hugged me for the longest time. I think it was her way of saying "I didn't mean it mom." She loves to play...especially with Lizette. She is still quite the little screamer and some days I wonder what we are in for with her strong personality! I've noticed that she is very tactile. From trying to put her socks and shoes on by herself to playing with the same toy over and over until she figures it out. She is very hands on. I have been a little worried about her development in some areas and was very nervous to take her to her recent doctor's appointment. I thought for sure I would get quite a lecture from her doctor because #1: she is not walking yet (at 15 months) and #2: she is barely saying any words. Pretty much just Dada and Zette (for Lizette). She doesn't say Hi or Bye Bye or Up or Down or Baby or any of those little first words. The walking hadn't concerned me as much because Lizette was a late walker too. However, Lexi tends to only walk on her tip toes and she turns her right leg in almost completely perpendicular to her other foot when she walks (with her walker toy or when holding our hands). The talking has had me worried because Lizette was saying a ton of stuff by this age. Well, the doctor wasn't overly concerned but she did recommend that I have her speech evaluated by the Idaho Infant Toddler Program. We'll see what they have to say. Deep down, I think she will be just fine all the way around, but I think it will be beneficial to have the evaluation done.
- Jeff. Jeff has recently read his favorite book again, "As a Man Thinketh". He is inspiring us both to think more positively about life. I've seen it happen so many times in our marriage when we are thinking positively about life, things just seem to go better. It's not that our circumstances are any different. We just look at things differently and tend to get more accomplished because we are more excited about life. Jeff has taught me many things, but this is a big one. I'm glad that he really tries to look on the bright side. I think that's why he is a pretty endearing person. People like to be around him because he is upbeat and fun to talk to.
- Organizing! This is what I have been spending much of my time doing lately. I guess it's sort of a first of the year, I need to start fresh thing. But, I am in total organizing bliss over here. Have I mentioned on here yet that someday I would love to become a professional organizer? I'm not sure if I know of many people who get the same satisfaction as I do out of organizing a drawer or a closet. Well, maybe Becky. :) It's sort of a combination of having a type A personality and spending a lot of time with my brother Andy when I was younger. He liked things NEAT and taught me much about this. When I complete this project, I may just post some before and after pics. ---- One thing that I have come to realize through this process is that I am a hoarder of toys. I'm not sure how this has happened. I don't feel like I go out and buy a ton of toys for our girls. But between the ones I buy for birthdays and Christmas and the gifts we have received, we have tons and tons of toys. I've told myself that I keep them because it's so nice to have them when friends or cousins come over, which is quite often. Well, now I find myself turning red as I enter Lizette's room because I think an episode of Hoarders could quite literally be taped in her room. (I'm exaggerating slightly) Anyway, I have seen the light and am getting rid of many toys.
- My favorite things. Next time I blog I am going to post a list of my favorite things. There are several products that have literally changed my life in the past few weeks. I want to share them with you. Not in the same way that Oprah shares her favorite things, but I will post pictures. :)
I haven't heard of "As a Man Thinketh" I am going to have to look for it. I am always trying to stay positive but sometimes that gets pretty tough. I can't wait to read what's changed your life!
ReplyDelete