This is a mild version of what Lexi did most of the afternoon and evening today. I think there is a new tooth coming in that is really bothering her. I felt so bad for her because she was just constantly unhappy. There was no soothing her. Anyway, what followed was memorable, so I thought I would share. :)
Lizette has picked up on one of Jeff's favorite sayings, which is "This is driving me to drink!" Whether he is talking about traffic or politics or whatever, this phrase is often said and Lizette now has it down.
So today as Lexi was having a huge fit, I said "Lexi, you're going to drive me insane!" Lizette quickly says "Mom, don't you mean she's going to drive you to drink?" I say, "Yes, that too honey." She quickly runs over to get my Diet Coke (that I had made a special trip to Sonic for by the way...yes, I am addicted.) "Here you go Mom."
But then it gets better. She asks if she can have a drink of my soda. Since it was pretty well gone by that point, I told her she could have a sip. (Am I a terrible mother?) She said "Mom, Lexi is driving me to drink too. I think I'll have three sips."
Ah, the screaming baby afternoon. Alas, not a fun thing, but a cute video nonetheless. And a hilarious Lizette story!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDeleteRemember when you're kids were never going to cry....KARMA BABY! Just kidding. Us Rigby's must have all the same sayings, I am constantly saying "driving me to drink". That is sooooo cute with Lizette...she's got if figured out though - three sips of DDP does the trick for me too :)
ReplyDeletehahaha that is too funny!
ReplyDeleteLexi has to get that lung power from the Rigby side of the family tree. I just know the Widman's NEVER screamed like that - we were known for our biting abilities however. Cute story and cute pictures/videos. Just think in a few short years she will be asking for the car keys!
ReplyDelete