Monday, May 17, 2010

My Wish List

I have some catching up to do again on my blog! This last weekend was so fun with family here visiting. I will blog all about it later in the week when I get pictures ready to post. (I was lame and didn't snap many myself, so I'm having my family share theirs.)

So, in case you did not know, this Wednesday is my birthday! ;)

The reason I bring it up is that I've been thinking about my "wish list" lately. Every year at this time Jeff asks me over and over, "What do you want?!!" in sort of a stressed out tone. He is very thoughtful about wanting to do nice things for me on big days, but he has a hard time figuring out just what it is that he should get or do for me.

To make matters worse Mother's Day and my birthday usually fall within a couple of weeks of each other. That's two major days that he has to figure out gifts for. Life just isn't fair sometimes.

What's good for me is that since there are two big days right close together, I kind of feel more entitled to ask for things that I usually wouldn't. Isn't that completely selfish and terrible of me?

Last year he gave me our black rocking chairs that sit in front of our house. I absolutely love them (even though we never sit in them). I would have never asked for them for just one big day, but Mother's Day combined with my birthday...wa la! BIG GIFT! He was happy. I was happy. It was a win win situation.

So, back to my "wish list". The reason I decided to blog about this, is that I would like to remember back to this time someday and laugh at some of the silly things I wanted. I also would love to hear from you about what is on your wish list! Here is mine:

- A fountain drink dispenser for our house, complete with CO2 and a supply of Diet Coke and ice from Sonic.

- Those shoes that Reebok and Skechers make that are supposed to tone your tooshy and all you have to do is just wear them.

- A gift certificate to PayLess shoes so that I can buy the cutest pair of lime green flats. They are only $12.99 and they will probably kill my feet, but they are so cute! I want them.

- A red umbrella for our patio set.

- Dinner at PF Changs where I would order the Chicken Lo Mein.

- Some really nice anti aging face moisturizer.

- A cute, frilly apron like they sell at that mall kiosk. (I think this would motivate me to want to cook more often.)

That's all I can think of right now. Sort of a silly list, huh?

2 comments:

  1. I'd say Jeff hit the jackpot...compared to HIS wishlists...right!! YOu are so awesome and I hope your birthday is the best day of your life! Thanks for being such a great sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good wishlist. Gregg usually asks me and I say," I don't know." He's pretty good at finding something I would like. Although right now I really would like a Cricket, however he has no idea because I would never ask for one now that I know how much they cost.

    ReplyDelete