Do you ever show physical symptoms of stress? Maybe biting your lip or a headache or something? I've noticed that when I get stressed my right eye starts twitching. It has been twitching constantly the past couple of days. It's so annoying. I feel like George on Seinfeld when he got grapefruit juice in his eye and everyone thought he was winking at them. Thankfully, I haven't been going out much this week so I guess maybe not many people will notice.
Would you like to hear why I have this eye twitch? Two things are happening that are out of the ordinary and very stressful to me.
The first is that we own a condo rental and our tenant's lease is up next month. We will find out in the next week some time if she is going to re-sign with us or not. I'm already borrowing all sorts of trouble and thinking to myself "What if she doesn't re-sign? The rental market is so terrible! What are we going to do?!" Why do I do this to myself? I always do this with everything. Before the bad thing even happens, I imagine that it will and worry myself to death over it.
Secondly, and this is a big one for me. I am the chair of my high school's 20 year reunion committee. Need I say more? Our reunion is next summer and plans have begun. I agonize over stuff like this. Worrying about every little e-mail that I send about it. My eye is really twitching as I type this. Why did I ever run for senior class president? I was 17 for goodness sake! I should not be responsible for decisions I made when I was 17. I mean, I wasn't athletic or musically talented. I had to have something to write on my applications for college. The truth of the matter is, I am really looking forward to going to the reunion. I just don't want to be in charge of it.
Again, I really don't know why I stress so much about these things.
I need to get a grip.
I would totally stress about those things too! You have every right to stress about them, just don't let it get the best of you. I know how you feel about the eye twiching thing, sorry you have to deal with it. That alone can drive a person crazy. Hope things look up for you. Keep us posted on the rental thing.
ReplyDeleteAll will turn out great!!
ReplyDelete