This weekend was a lot of fun. Abby was here and Lizette was in seventh heaven being able to be her shadow for the weekend. We had fun visiting, shopping and relaxing. She even watched the girls for us so that Jeff and I could go out for a date night.
Saturday morning we took off for the downtown farmer's market. I love going down there. The atmosphere is so much fun and it's a great place to people watch. I have to say though that the main draw for me is the Hot. Fresh. Mini. Donuts. They are Oh. So. Good! You can order them by the half dozen or dozen. When you order a half dozen they give you like a dozen or so. When you order a dozen, they load you up with at least 20...
...I ordered a dozen with the intention of sharing with Lizette and taking some home for Jeff. Lizette ate a couple. I ate at least a dozen as we were walking through the market. I put the rest aside for Jeff. Then when I went to load up the stroller, I folded them up in the middle of it! In the process a few fell to the ground. My heart almost stopped. I managed to salvage those that were squished in the stroller, but they didn't look so good anymore. I decided Jeff may not find them so appetizing, so I ate them! (Honestly, if no one would have been looking, I may just have picked up the few that had fallen to the ground and ate them too!)
I guess we'll have to go back next weekend so that Jeff can get some. Darn!
Our date night included a trip to the Westside Drive-In and watching the movie "The Backup Plan". The movie was really cheesy and I wouldn't recommend it. However, the food was great. I ordered the finger steaks that were featured recently on the Food Network show "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives". They were really, really good. You can't beat deep fried beef. (Only in Idaho!) Jeff had a bacon cheeseburger and it was also excellent. Full disclosure: I also had a peanut butter milkshake. Worth every calorie!
Tonight we had dinner with some friends from our ward, the Nelson's. They are so fun and it was great to get to chat with them. They barbecued and we ate the best meal. Kammi is an excellent cook (I need to hang out with her more and learn a thing or two!). She made the most yummy cooked corn I have EVER had in my life. I took a bite and was almost speechless.
Hmmm...it seems like a lot of my posts lately have been about food. I'm not sure what it is, but I've just been craving GOOD food lately. It's not that I want to just pig out on anything. I want something very tasty and worth the calories, something new that I haven't tried before and overall just delicious! I think it's from watching too much Food Network.
Anyway, I regret that I don't have more pictures to post. I forgot my camera and took all of my pictures from my phone this weekend. The process of getting them off my phone has proven to be a royal pain, so for now I'm left with giving written descriptions of all of the weekend's events. Lesson learned. Take the camera next time!

We almost went to the market last weekend too, but opted to wait for warmer weather (we especially like to go when the boys can play in the fountain). Those mini doughnuts are calling me though... especially with the chocolate dipping sauce.... mmmmmmm!
ReplyDelete