A pregnant woman is entitled to at least one craving, right? With Lizette it was bacon. With this baby it is homemade vanilla pudding. Who knows where these cravings come from, but should we really deny ourselves and our babies of these delectable treats? I think not. Batch #5 is chilling in the fridge as I write.
Looking forward to more pudding...
Doesn't look like much, but Yum-O!
Gone in about 1 minute...
So sad that there is no more pudding...
Time to make more!
In case you would like to try this delicious sweetness, the recipe can be found on page 132 of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. This is the version I use...I have it memorized:
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstartch
3 cups milk
2 beaten eggs
1 Tbsp. butter
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix sugar, cornstarch and milk in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, then cook for two more minutes. Remove from heat. Gradually add about a cup of the milk mixture to the beaten eggs. Add egg mixture back into saucepan. Cook and stir again over medium heat until almost bubbly, then turn down heat and cook and stir for two more minutes. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla and stir. Pour into serving cups. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and chill. (Whatever is leftover after pouring into serving cups can be easily devoured in about 30 seconds by taking a large spoon and shoveling it into your mouth as fast as possible.)
Jackie, you are looking so cute! Tell me again when your due date is. We are planning a get together for this Saturday for Trent and Jared's B-days. We would love for you guys to come if your not busy. I will let you know the time.
ReplyDelete