Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fighting!

It seems lately that the fighting between Lexi and Lizette has escalated. And this is saying something because since Lexi has been able to walk and talk, the two of them have had their share of squabbles. Mostly over toys, or who gets to sit on my lap, or who gets to go first.

It's getting worse every day!

I have no experience in this area because all of my siblings are 12+ years older than me. I was spoiled by my siblings. I never had to fight with them. So this sibling rivalry stuff is all new to me and I really don't know what to do about it.

I threaten to separate them and Lizette gets so upset. She cries and says that she'll miss Lexi. So I ask both of them if they can be nice and Lizette promises she will try to work things out. Lexi says "I pwomise Mommy!"

I've tried to have them work things out on their own which usually ends up with Lizette on the floor crying and usually with some sort of battle scar, and Lexi running off with whatever they have fought over.  I discipline Lexi, but then I feel like this is preventing them from learning to work things out. It's all so confusing.

I'm scared for the teenage years!

2 comments:

  1. You're not the only one!!! AHHHHHHHH!!! But at least we're all in it together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make my kids hug each other with their noses touching for two minutes. They always end up laughing! They play together again nicely!
    UNTIL THE NEXT TIME :)

    ReplyDelete