This week has been busy.
Our sweet friend Angel has been staying with us for the past week or so while her family is out of town. Angel is a joy to have around and the girls love her to pieces. Angel has been a little homesick and we have tried to stay very busy with outings, craft projects, and fun desserts every night. We've made bracelets, necklaces, hair bows, tissue paper pom-poms, painted wooden frames, velvet posters, and Easter bag/baskets. All cute. All fun. And all exhausting! Angel has craft endurance like no one I've ever seen!
Jeff is extremely busy at work. I worry about him. He sleeps for maybe five hours a night and works very long hours these days. I really don't know how he does it. I keep hoping that things will slow down for him and he can get back to a normal schedule again. I kind of have a feeling that's not going to happen for a while. He's got skills that his team needs. And since he is not one to ever do a job half way, he will continue to put everything he has into what he is doing. I know I'm a little biased, but I think they are lucky to have him on their team.
Today I had a very "Mean Mommy" moment. Lexi has been going through her Terrible Twos stage or something along those lines. Every day is filled with tantrums, screaming, fighting and saying "no" to just about everything I ask her to do or not to do. This morning I reached my limit of level headed, calm reasoning with her. I picked her up, put her in her room and told her to stay there until she could be nice. I have done this before, but usually for short periods of time. Today she stayed in there for a long time...maybe a half hour? Screaming the entire time. In the mean time, I realized that Lizette and friends had not picked up several messes in the playroom after I had specifically asked them to for the last two days in a row. So I proceeded to pick up all toys left out and told Lizette I was giving them away. She was shocked. She cried as she watched me pack them up and put them in boxes. It was hard for me to do because Lizette is overall a really good girl. She is only five after all. But in the interest of following through with a previous ultimatum, I had to pack up the toys. So bye-bye Smurfs, so long fake food used in tea parties, sionara baby clothes. They are all going to the Goodwill. The princess tents were taken down to be earned back for good behavior. No wonder she likes Jamie better than me. ;)
Lastly, we found the girls some cute Easter dresses at Costco. $15.49. Gotta love Costco! They both love them and had to try them on as soon as we got home. Hmmm....I think Mommy might need a new dress too.
This weekend is General Conference for our church and I am so looking forward to it. It's always inspiring, uplifting and full of words of wisdom. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment