So with my website up and business cards purchased, I was ready to go for my first open house. I had it on Friday and invited about 100 people. About 40 people came and it went great! The response to the products was excellent and I think everyone enjoyed the whole idea of being able to take home your purchase that night. As well as not having to listen to a sales presentation. They were able to come in, shop, have a few snacks, pay for their items and leave. I really like that whole concept and I think it will be a great way to sell these products.
This whole thing has been a little bit scary for me. For one, to put myself out there and actually try to sell something. Also, to invest money into something that may or may not be successful. It's all a little scary, but I have a good feeling that this will be fun and could turn into a nice little extra income. Plus, accessories are way fun to sell! Here is a picture that Jeff took to go on my website. Kind of funny. :)
Lizette has been very excited about the jewelry business. She wants to be in charge of all of the little girl products and did stand by the little girls table for a while during the open house. The only problem was she would get upset when the customers weren't coming her way. :) Here she is just before the big event sporting one of the fun hair accessories. What a cutie!
Okay, onto other things...
The girls are doing well. Lexi is going through something of a stage right now. Very fussy and very clingy. Doesn't know what she wants much of the time. Don't know if it's a "Terrible Twos" thing or maybe her moellers are bothering her, but it's been a little rough. She is picking up more and more vocabulary all the time and it's cute to listen to her talk. Her latest thing is that if we ask her to do something like finish her dinner or pick up a mess, she'll say "No thanks!" We all laugh and of course this just eggs her on to do more of the same. She loves being funny and making people laugh so when she realizes something that works to do that, she will keep it up.
Lizette seems to be growing up entirely too fast! She all of a sudden wanted to get her ears pierced this weekend so we did and it was fun and traumatic all at the same time. The pain was a little more than what she expected and it was really hard to see her cry. But in the end she was glad she did it and I must say they are very cute.
Last week Lizette was on a face painting kick and we all became her clients. Then Lexi got ahold of the face paints when we weren't looking and got a little carried away.
And lastly, how can I end this post without mentioning the iPad3?! Yes, we got one. I used Jeff's iPad2 during my open house as basically a cash register and credit card machine. It worked fantastic and I told him that I thought I wanted it. That was all the ammunition he needed. The next day, we went out and bought him the iPad3 and I will now be the proud owner of the iPad2. Yes, we are the gadget family in just about every way. This is where we often splurge and I have to say that I am becoming a convert. These devices are nice! Not necessary, but nice.
So excited for you new venture! You will do fantastic and be very successful. If there is one thing I have learned about you, its that you are a very determined, motivated person that, especially when doing something you love, is ALWAYS successful. I'm excited to see the line of jewelry!
ReplyDelete