In other news, I got another version of a short haircut. I've gone from long to medium-short, to short, back to medium-short, and now back to what I would call short. I was even going to go shorter than this when I went in, but Lisa talked me into baby stepping it a bit. Probably a good idea considering the fact that I am a bit compulsive! Anyway, here is my self-photo taken with my phone. Lovely. But I do think I sort of like my haircut. I think it says "sophisticated, almost 39 year old". :) Well, that's what I'm telling myself anyway. Sophisticated may be a stretch...
In girl news, Lexi has maintained her composure as she adjusts to not having her binky. Although, the other day I spied on her as she was digging through a bag and found a binky. She held it in her hand and looked at it for the longest time before she finally put it in her mouth. And then she just sat there for a couple of minutes enjoying the moment. I didn't interrupt. I kind of felt like she needed this closure. A few minutes later she came to me and said "Binky?" I said, "No, remember binkies are for babies." She was sad for a bit, but then finally said, "Okay." She hasn't asked for it since.
Lizette has taken to playing with one of the babies and decided her name should be Emily. Emily ate with us tonight and she is currently taking the middle section of the girls' room as her sleeping quarters. We recently made a chore chart for the girls and Lizette decided today that Emily needed her own chart too. So we made one and hung it in their room. I've been doing some thinking and I think I'm pretty hard on Lizette. I expect a lot from her because she has always been a pretty good, responsible kid. But, she is a kid. I'm afraid in my wanting great things for her and expecting maybe too much sometimes, I've turned into some version of "Mommy Dearest". So, I'm working on that. I'm trying to give less orders and more hugs.
No comments:
Post a Comment