If I don't have something to worry about, I usually do the absolute best job I can at finding something to worry about. I am not a laid back person and I really wish I was. I try to be and sometimes find small success in not sweating the small stuff. But usually I do what my mom always used to tell me not to do and "borrow trouble".
So this week's worry is Lizette getting into the school I want her to go to next year. It is Christine Donnell School of the Arts, which is a magnet school in the Meridian School District. I've heard great things about this school. My research tells me that it would be a great school for her. It's K-8 and I like the idea of her going to a magnet school in her middle school years. It's just up the road from us on Five Mile. I can already envision the carpools and PTO and Lizette skipping up the driveway excited to tell me about her day and dive into her homework. (Yes, I daydream about these things!)
The worry comes because they do a lottery each year to decide which kids get to go there. Once you are in, the chances are very good that you and your siblings will get to go there all 8 years. But this first year, our chances are no better than anyone else.
I printed off the application today and my stomach is already in knots. Even though there is absolutely nothing I can do to change the outcome of this, I will worry and fret over this for the months up until the lottery is held. I mean, our daughter's entire educational experience could be impacted by this lottery!
I'm going to need a lot of Alka-seltzer to get through this.
I think it isn't too hard to get into Christine when you are entering for Kindergarten. Its the other grades that are a pain. I hope you get in. You will love it and I can just picture all the fun art stuff that you and Lizette are going to love. Just a heads up that the parking lot is rediculous! Good luck! (and stop stressing!)
ReplyDelete